2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock is the Quickest (Production) Muscle CarAugust 17th, 2020
When it comes to muscle cars, Dodge has the widest variety of offerings. The performance-focused car brand has announced a new 2020 Challenger SRT Super Stock package that it hails as the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car, at least now that the Demon is out of production. The beast uses the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 found under the hood of the SRT Hellcat Redeye with a revised powertrain calibration.
That revised calibration pushes horsepower at 807, and allows the car to reach 60 mph in 3.25 seconds. Dodge also says that the Super Stock can run the quarter-mile in 10.5 seconds. That quarter-mile time is thanks in part to the standard 315/40R18 Nitto NT05R drag radials on the 18 x 11-inch low-gloss Granite finish wheels.
Special features of the Super Stock include a standard widebody package to house those wide wheels and tires, and the following:
- Uniquely tuned Bilstein adaptive-damping high-performance suspension
- Lightweight all-aluminum Brembo four-piston brake calipers and 14.2-inch vented rotors
- Standard lightweight 18-by-11-inch wheels in Low Gloss Granite finish
- Sticky 315/40R18 Nitto NT05R drag radials at all four corners
- Performance-tuned asymmetrical limited-slip differential with a 3.09 final drive ratio
The 2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock will start at $79,595, excluding destination charges. Order books will open later this month, and assembly will begin this fall. Deliveries to dealerships will begin later in 2020. It’s safe to assume that will be market adjustments tacked onto these cars at most dealerships. With less weight and more power, the Super Stock is about a second quicker than the extremely cool Durango SRT Hellcat.