Nissan Celebrates Four Decades of Maxima with a Limited Production Version
Nissan has officially announced the 2021 Maxima line is available at dealerships around the United States. For 2021, the range includes the Maxima SV, Maxima SR, and Maxima Platinum. Platinum buyers can also opt for a limited production 40th Anniversary and Edition that tacks on another $2125 on top of the $42,220 MSRP of the Maxima Platinum.
The SV starts at $36,990 and the SR starts at $42,150, all versions are plus a $925 destination and handling charge. The special 40th Anniversary Edition adds the following features:
- Unique two-tone Ruby Slate Gray Pearl exterior color with black roof
- Exclusive 19-inch gloss black aluminum-alloy wheels
- Black exterior finishers and trim badges, including 40th Anniversary badge
- Black exhaust finishers
- Red semi-aniline, leather-appointed seating with 40th Anniversary embossing
- Red contrast interior stitching
- Satin Dark Chrome interior faceted finishers
- White speedometer and tachometer faces reminiscent of past Maxima models
- Heated rear seats
No matter which version of the 2021 Maxima buyers chooses, they all use the same 300 horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine. All versions have LED headlights, and feature Intelligent Trace Control, Active Ride Control, and Intelligent Engine Brake. Every Maxima also comes standard with the Nissan Safety Shield 360 suite of driver safety and assistance technology.