2022 Acura MDX SUV Price and Availability Announced
Acura has announced that the 2022 MDX SUV, the fourth-generation model, will go on sale on February 2, 2021. The luxury SUV features a new ultra-rigid platform as well as the first double-wishbone front suspension in the MDX, both of which should improve handling and ride quality.
Buyers also get new technology, including the all-digital Precision Cockpit instrument display, integrated Amazon Alexa, and support for wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. One of the more interesting features inside the vehicle is that the second row of the three-row SUV has a removable middle seat.
The removable middle seat will give owners the best of captain’s chairs in the second row and a bench seat when more carrying capacity is needed. Late next summer, the MDX Type S will arrive using a new 3.0-liter turbo V6 and fourth-generation Super Handling All-Wheel Drive. All other MDX versions will use a 3.5-liter V6, making 290 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque.
The base MDX starts at $46,900, with the all-wheel-drive version starting at $48,900. Adding the Technology Package pushes the starting price to $51,600, with the all-wheel-drive version commanding a $2,000 premium. The MDX A-Spec or MDX with Advance Package requires all-wheel-drive and is priced at $57,100 and $60,650, respectively.
New features for 2022 include:
- All-new Platform, Body, and Chassis
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension, Multi-link Rear Suspension
- Enhanced 3.5-liter V6 powertrain (290 horsepower, 267 lb.-ft. of torque)
- 10-Speed Automatic Transmission (standard)
- Available 4th Generation Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD)
- 19 x 8.5-inch wheels (+1-inch diameter, +0.5-inch width) (standard)
- Panoramic Moonroof (standard)
- Multi-function Second-Row with Removable Middle Seat (standard)
- Integrated Dynamics System (Snow, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual) (standard)
- Available 16-Speaker, 710-watt ELS STUDIO 3D premium audio system
- 12.3-inch Precision Cockpit all-digital instrument display (standard)
- 12.3-inch ultra-wide HD center display (standard)
- True Touchpad Interface (standard)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto integration (standard)
- Qi-compatible Wireless Charging and USB-C Charging (standard)
- Amazon Alexa Built-In (standard)
- Available CabinTalk
- Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) (standard)
- Available Low-Speed Braking Control
- Next-Generation Passenger Front Airbag (standard)