Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 4Matic Is Too Cool for the StatesJune 10th, 2019
With Americans crazy over SUVs and shunning station wagons, cool cars like the Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 Shooting Brake rarely make it stateside. The wagon uses a 301 hp 2.0-liter turbo-four paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission and AMG Performance 4Matic AWD.
The car promises to do 0-to-60 mph in 4.9 seconds. It rides on aerodynamically optimized 18-inch alloy wheels, and comes with other AMG upgrades like a special radiator grille, and a flat-bottomed sport steering wheel. There are several options available for the CLA 35, including:
- AMG Night Package with design features in black, such as the front splitter or the inserts in the side sill panels, plus black-chromed tailpipe trims
- AMG Aerodynamics Package for optimized aerodynamic balance, including with modified front splitter and flics in the outer air inlet grilles as well as airflow break-away edge in high-gloss black on the roof edge spoiler. The measures increase the negative lift force and thus also the driving stability at the sporty limits
- 48.3 cm (19-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels, painted in high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish
- 48.3-cm (19-inch) AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish
- 48.3 cm (19-inch) AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted matt black, rim flange with a high-sheen finish
It also has the latest MBUX infotainment system with AMG-specific displays. It looks fantastic in the yellow color shown here. Pricing is unannounced at this time.